January 13, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday!







It was a beautiful Sunny day in Southern California.  I was a week away from my due date of January 20, 2009.  I kept thinking, wow she’s coming on a special day.  The first African American President will be sworn in on that very day.  On January 14, 2009 I left Thing One with my mom to a what I thought would be an uneventful doctor's appointment.  I was wrong, I was 4 cm dialated by the time I got to the doctor, no turning back now.  At 9:47 PM Thing Two made her appearance into this world, and nothing will quite be the same for us ever again.
My Muñeca (doll) has changed the family dynamic in so many positive ways.
  • She is the one who comforts her brother when she hears him crying when he is in a time out. 
  • She is also the one who shakes her head when he is doing something he shouldn't
  • She is the empathatic child who worries and says with a concerned look accross her face "Baby crying momma!" when she hears another child crying. 
  • She lights up a room with her mischiveous smile.
  • She makes Big Cheese, Grandpa Big Cheese and her older brothers a softer people.  She is the only girl in that dynamic. :)
  • She delights us in being a girly girl with dresses, and trinkets, and crowns.
  • I can see a glimpse that someday she is going to make a great mother by the way she cares for her dolls.
  • She can't keep a beat to save her life when she dances, but she tries and she is confident in what she can do.  That makes me smile. 
  •  She is confident and demanding.  She wants what she wants.  I call it focused and goal oriented, but really it's just a tantrum. 
  • She makes me want to be a better mom, to show her what her job will be as a parent in the distant future. 
My dearest baby girl, you mean the world to us, and we would not want it any other way.  You turned us upside down with the joys you bring into our lives daily.  We love you, Happy 2nd birthday!  




1 comment:

  1. Aww, bright tears to my eyes! Happy Birthday to your adorable princess!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...