February 1, 2013

Mama Kat's World Famous Writing Workshop: Randomness...

I am back on the wagon!!! YAY!  I missed Mama Kat's writing prompts every Thursday.  So here it is kids!  This week I choose 5 Random facts about you and your family. (inspired by Nice Girl Notes).  Read on now....

I have been on a writing hiatus for some time now.  Some of it has been by choice, but most of it is because of several personal things that have happened that I will divulge at a later time.  For now let's get reacquainted.  Here are some Random facts about me and my kin:


  1. The number five was previously my lucky number.  That is until Thing One's 5th birthday party.  The big fifth birthday party was a hit.  We celebrated Thing One's birthday at Pump it Up, which is a fantastic birthday destination filled with a barrage of blow up jumpers.  I was placing a child in a jumper when my foot slipped and I caught my foot but me knee went when way and I fell the other.  Needless to say I was in a lot of pain and I thought I might have to go see a doctor.  That is of course if Mami hadn't fallen at home when we were unpacking things from the birthday party and had to be rushed by ambulance to the hospital.  I ended up eventually going to the doctor the next day only to find out that I had a partially torn ACL and that I was to stay put and not drive for almost 2 months.  Which also meant I was out of work. I am swearing off an celebrations that have the number 5 involved in them!
  2. Thing Two's birthdate was suppose to be on the inaugural date of our first Black President.  Except for the fact that she decided to come six days earlier on the 14th.  I was a little upset that I didn't make it to that day.  I wanted to tell her that she was born on a historical day.  We ended up in the hospital anyway on that day because Thing Two had jaundice and was admitted.  I believe I was pumping breast milk when he was sworn in. Good times!
  3. We live for "Pajama, Pancake" Sundays!  There is nothing quite like our Sundays.  Sometimes I make the pancakes and sometime it's drive-thru McDonald's. In our pajamas of course.  However there was that one time I regretted doing the pajamas in drive-thru.  Picture the hottest guy ever and there you are in flannels and your hair up in a horrid ponytail. I would just like to forget that.  Other than that we are completely happy not to have to change into regular clothes.  We watch the Sunday morning cartoons lounge around and get to lunch time and our very loving nap times in the middle of the day.  Normally by the time that is over everyone showers and we go out.  Most times though it's all about the pajama and the pancakes.
  4. I swear Thing Two is one of the members of the children of the corn. She loves to wander around the house at night when everyone is asleep.  She's been known to be standing by my bed just staring at me sleep.  SCARIEST THING EVER!  One of my friends on facebook suggested that she might have sleep apnea.  I don't know but if she gets a crazy hat, I am letting her spend more time over at her dad's house. *shiver*

  5.  Thing One is a Star Wars and computer geek.  This is all my fault.  I had put on Spike TV one day when he was 3 years old and they were having a Star Wars marathon.  Then he discovered my VHS tapes. It was all over then.  Plus he really is technologically inclined.  I am okay with it all. As long as when I am at the senior home years from now he can fix my technology. I just hope he doesn't end up like that guy in the picture above. 
There you have it folks!  Five random fact about our family that make us totally unique!


If you want some writing prompts visit this lovely Mama:

Mama’s Losin’ It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...